ELRF™ Pro 2019 is for actuaries requiring deterministic or stochastic link ratio techniques coupled with the power of a relational database whether local or on a server (SQL or Oracle). The ELRF modeling framework formulates average link ratio methods as regression estimators and extends them. This includes Mack (volume weighted averages), and other weighted averages and extensions.
Extended Link Ratio Family (ELRF) modeling framework
The Extended Link Ratio Family (ELRF) modeling framework formulates average link ratio methods as regression estimators and extends them. This includes Mack (volume weighted averages), other weighted averages and extensions:
- Murphy (an intercept)
- A constant trend in the incrementals for each development period down the accident years
- Optimal combinations of intercepts, trends, and link ratios
- Control over variance assumptions (delta)
Standard deviations are computed analytically in all cases.
The bootstrap technique
The Bootstrap technique in the ELRF module gives
- Distributions of reserves by accident years, calendar years, and total
- Percentiles, V@Rs and T-V@Rs
- … and more!
Distributions can be translated from the bootstrap sample mean to any mean specified by the user by accident period totals or calendar period totals. This allows the actuarial analyst to fit any link ratio model, obtain the means by accident (or calendar) period and apply the bootstrap using the Mack method residuals with a selected delta.
Diagnostic statistics and graphs
Diagnostic statistics to test assumptions made by any ELRF model
- Residuals versus development year, accident year, calendar year, and fitted
- Y|X plots to test whether link ratios have predictive power in the presence of an intercept
- … and more!
The regression formulation of link ratios (Mack, Murphy, and other extensions), provides the framework for verifying the assumptions made by the link ratio techniques.
ELRF Pro 2019 provides a COM interface allowing ELRF Pro 2019 to interact programmatically with any COM enabled application such as Microsoft Excel VBA, Visual Studio, R, and so on. Reporting, calculations, and the full power of ELRF Pro can be tailored to your company's requirements.
Read further for more information on ELRF and link ratio methods.